My apartment in Rome is available!!!

I live in central Rome, Italy, in theory - as a reality, I'm always traveling around the world... This is why my apartment in Rome is available for short and medium term rental to travelers who want to enjoy Rome in the privacy and safety of a nice comfy home, as I do when I travel abroad.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Link Living in the center of Rome

I know, I know, it took forever to put the pictures on, but finally here they are!!!

Welcome to Piazza Dante, please check the location on the map of Rome to see how you are going to be in the center of the action while staying at mine. Click on the image to see a larger view of it.



This is a screenshot that I got from Google Maps, then passed under my very little photoshop skills just to dot a few things around my apartment --- as you can see, my nice little house is right there, central to everything in the very center of ancient and modern Rome.

If you like to walk, everything is walking distance from my apartment - highlights range from the Coliseum (Colosseo) or the Imperial Forum (Fori Imperiali, the main arqueological area), or the even closer the two beautiful Santa Maria Maggiore or San Giovanni Basiliques - they are indeed awesome, specially S. Maria Maggiore.

You can also just go visit, hang out and enjoy the very lively, multietnic and colourful food market on the neighbor Piazza Vittorio, the famous Piazza Vittorio market. After shopping for food, you can walk back with your fresh produce, meat or fish and enjoy italian cooking in my apartment (you'll even find some cooking books with recipes in my kitchen).

Of course, there are underground metro trains in Rome to move faster if you don't feel like walking - unfortunately we cannot have more than two lines (a third is under construction and expansion) as whenever they dig.... they find ancient roman ruins, so all the works get immediately stopped!

See my other post on
transpostation tips, including metro in Rome, and how to get there (by airplane or train).

I invite you to check also
Google Maps/Earth and go fly over Piazza dante, Rome, Italy, zoom in, and see in detail how sweet the central garden of Piazza Dante is - you'll love to just go sit here in the gardens reading a book in the sun, if you don't feel going around after a long walking day, and you plan to rest.

Other great alternative in terms of parks are, of corse are the gardens of Colle Oppio, those going down to the Coliseum - it's a nice 10 minutes walk, and there's also a nice little bar with tables outside where all mums chat while sipping their cappuccinos or aperitivos with the Coliseum in fron, while their kids play among the remains of Nero's house (Ara Pacis, now closed for works) and the ancient cages where used to be held the lions fighting at the Coliseum, now home to a sweet community of cats fed and taken care of by residents (like me) and by a city "welfare plan".

Well, browse around, you are going to like it - now move on to the apartment pics.


.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home