My apartment in Rome is available!!!

I live in central Rome, Italy, in theory - as a reality, I'm always traveling around the world... This is why my apartment in Rome is available for short and medium term rental to travelers who want to enjoy Rome in the privacy and safety of a nice comfy home, as I do when I travel abroad.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Link Introducing my blue bathroom

A blue bathroom? You can think this is cheesy but I love it - everybody does. You are going to love it too. I painted the bathroom blue a few years ago, many years after moving to Rome, and I think it's going to stay like this for a while. I hope you like it.

Picture yourself at the end of a very long walking day taking a bath in the tub of my blue bathroom, it's not a jacuzzi but you can add some salts or fragrances to the bath to make it more spa-like.

Bathroom functionalities: there is a bath tub equipped to be used also as a shower by closing the shower curtains, a sink with mirror and lights and obviously a toilet (wc).

There are shelves and closet space left free for your convenience, so you can take all your toilet stuff out of your purses and put it around as you were at home.

Towels are on the top shelf on the right wall, in front of the tub. You can find more towels in the drawers of the white closet in the bedroom, if needed.


Also the ceiling light (half globe, a vintage Diesel shop gadget from the '80s) being our beautiful blue planet, emits blue light. That does the entire trick, aside of the painted walls. Of course, if you need to have more light to shave or make-up, you can swith the sink mirror's light on and everything goes daylight.

Hey, if you feel homesick you can look at the blue globe and say hi! to California!!!
Then take a shower and go out in Rome to have fun, as you might want to enjoy the most of Rome rather than being locked in my apartment thinking of California... :)

During the day the bathroom receives natural light from the window (that opens up to an internal courtyard), so you don't need to keep the lights on, since I pay the utility bills :)

Last note: as for the hot water from the kitchen sink, also in the bathroom the hot water IS hot, like seriously. So please remember to ALWAYS open the cold water first, then mix the hot water in before touching the water.

Then, light up a couple of candles, mix the sparkling salts in the tub, put some chilly music on, and enjoy the magic of the blue bathroom.

Very last note - in case for some reasons a water pipe breaks and a water flood starts in the apartment while you are at home (apocalyptic scenario that never happend to me, but you'll never know - it's like saying "if the house goes on fire...", so don't worry), then please turn off the main water switch located right above the water tower of the closet, so you will have to stand on the closet to reach it. Hey, there's no reason to worry, I'm just saying this so you know it all, just in case...


.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home